Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Tell Me I'm Wrong!

reblogged from i-thorts' i-Politics

Tell Me
I'm Wrong

I'm getting old. I must be. All I see around me is heartache and pain. Idiots and morons.

Does no one care anymore?

When I was a lad we cared. We cared about music and girls... we cared about politics and fashion... we cared about life and death... we cared about freedom and justice... we simply cared.

Today... No one cares
.

We don't care about the environment. At least, most of us don't. There are a few overbearing pop stars (like Sting) that bleat on about saving the planet while schlepping from continent to continent by their own private jet (using fossil fuel and emitting CO2 gasses like a madman). Other than these wannabees, no one 'really' cares.


We don't care about an over populated world. We have children younger and live longer. Teen can't spell condoms, let alone use them. We have the likes of Jeremy Kyle blaring on about sticking 'something on the end of it' and making a living from talking to these horny juveniles as though they care. They don't. Neither do we. What's it matter to the average Britain if some snotty-nosed brat is the father, or the other five possibles? I ask you, do you care? Really?

We don't care about education. Even those sodding degenerates that repose to be students don't really care about education. They just want to drink cheep larger and loaf about, saying pretentious crap like 'in my opinion' - then quoting some facile trollop's entry in an outdated tome, they haven't even bothered to read properly. "In my opinion, Einstein got it right hen he said, Go Go!" Bollocks. Total crap. They don't have the experience to have an opinion. What does someone know that's just got out of nappies? Bugger all.
 

.: Speakers' Corner, Hyde Park in London, England :.
by swisstrock on 
Picasa.

 Education is about learning, it's about informing. It's not about telling the student which bit of their learning will be on the test. We learn to discover, not to be marked on it. The pen-pushers have taken over our schools, colleges, and uni's - they want results, not education. It's all about pass rates, not whether Billy understands how algebra works - A+B=C (or A Boy is a Child, as we used to say) makes not the slightest sense to the average pleb.

We don't care about politics either. Or the country wouldn't have voted in a load of Tory twits and wet wallies from the Lib Dems. Nick Clegg promised to be better then he's being, and the country swallowed it! If we were fishes we'd be wrapped in paper and smothered in salt and vinegar. This was once a great nation. Now we're a third-world nation, with too many children living in poverty and squalor. Half the country's unemployed, most of the rest's under-employed and under-paid. What's this world coming too?

Now tell me I'm wrong? Go on, surprise me if you dare. Tell me I'm wrong?

11 comments:

  1. No you are not wrong. In fact, I think you hit the nail on the head. We are having similar problems here in the U.S. We live in some frightening times!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are. Thanks MM for that. I do like it when people agree with me.

      I worry too much my laf wife tells me. I think its a symptom of being over forty. Your world gets smaller. Your real friends become less. And middle age spread goes into overdrive.

      Such is life lol. Thanks MM, come back and give us your views again. I love to talk lol.

      Delete
  2. But i also like a good argument too.

    So what are you waiting for? TELL ME I'M WRONG!!

    Come on. Don't be shy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Not exactly because some people still care and others don't care at all. Just like what you mentioned above, some people don't care anymore about education. In other part of the globe they still value education. Some students are getting part time jobs so they could support their studies and get diploma. But you are right when you said about "Education is about learning, it's about informing. It's not about telling the student which bit of their learning will be on the test." This is what is going on in reality.

    You've got an interesting blog

    ED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ed. I do feel strongly about education. I think its too under rated in our western society. I hate the 'just teach them enough' mentality that has risen. As though too much information might make them think for themselves. And that would be a bad thing. Wouldn't it?

      Regards Ray.

      Delete
  4. same here im getting old :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so strange to read this post and realize that you're in another country. I guess we all have some very universal issues in common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would appear so. It could be that all politician are only interested in our opinions when we're voting for them.

      Thanks you the support
      Regards Ray

      Delete
  6. hi, i think u are not wrong..
    but it's depends on the situation you face ..
    nice your posting..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would seem that everyone agrees with me to some degree. We have, as BakingInATornado put it, "some very universal issues in common".

      Thanks Wira
      Regards Ray

      Delete

  7. Very nice post and interesting to read .... I love visiting this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment, I'll leave proper reply soon. Thanks again CybaPunk65 for WAP

Subscribe Now

BuzzBoost:. The Writing's On The Wall